Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Two

     So today was a little crazy, I woke up to my little one (4 months old) crying her cute little head off... at 4:30 am! So rather than just go back to bed, I decided to get a head start on my trip to traffic court.  In the process of getting the girls ready I skipped breakfast, thus making the rest of the day hard.  Pretty much the remainder of my meals were eaten out (ouch).  My first meal was at Burger King, I had the Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich no mayo.  Was pretty good and satisfying.  For beverage I drank water.  Later in the evening me and the hubby decided on a trip to Chevy's.  Oh before I go further I've gone ahead a renewed my weight watcher's membership so I am on the PointsPlus program... anyway the stupid weight watcher's site works horribly on my android and I was unable to look up the points for my meal so I *gasp* ordered blindly.  The mesquite grilled tacos seemed safe to me, so I decided to go for it.  One thing that hurt me was the darn chips and salsa between the two of us I think we had four baskets!
     So I weighed myself for the heck of it again and my scale says I gained a pound!  I'm starting to think my scale isn't accurate so when I get a chance I'm going to head to a meeting tomorrow and get my first official weigh in... I CAN'T WAIT!  I still haven't gone to the grocery store, but I will tomorrow I need to buy eggs and stock up on chicken breasts, I'm thinking the chicken breasts will be my best friend on this journey.  I'm definitely more motivated than ever to lose this weight.  I think one of the biggest reasons for my desire to change (other than my total distaste for trying clothes on in fitting rooms) is my experience over a year with gall stones.  It was a horrendous experience, I was going through excruciating pain for months until finally I landed in the ER for the third time needing emergency surgery.  After finally being diagnosed I read up on the condition, found out that gall stones are extremely common in women, African Americans and the obese.  I pretty much can check off every box in that category, so it got me thinking, I want to be healthy (and look hot) so it's time to take this weight loss seriously.  However mother nature had other plans and I became pregnant almost immediately after we started trying so weight loss out the window.  So here we are today.  Well I've made it through another day let's see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment