Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day One- my goal

I have finally brought myself into the 21st century and entered the world of blogging.  There are several reasons that have prompted my desire to track my inner most intimate thoughts on the internet (other than the over use of facebook status).  #1 I'm very curious to see if anyone is even interested in the words and thoughts that plague my mind on a daily basis. #2 There was a time that one may consider my writing skill quite a talent, even entertaining, I'd love to exercise that skill once again.  #3 I figure if I put myself on blast and make a mockery of my weight loss attempts, then hey, I might just become successful for once, my need for accountability and appraisal.

 So today is officially my day one.  In order to complete the mockery of myself I will in fact give my true and current weight YIKES... drum roll please...  216lbs!  Yes at the tender age of 27 I have let the years ravage me and added on a whopping 81 lbs since my days as a high school student.  Pretty sad and depressing.  So my goal is to reach 135 lbs when all is said and done.  Which would require me to lose the 81lbs I gained in the past 10 years.  Being that I will follow the stereotype of the girl who got way out of shape but, wants to be unrealistically in shape just in time for her high school reunion, I am giving myself 27 weeks to do so,  my 10 year high school reunion is in September so I definitely have my work cut out for me.  According to my calculations this requires a weight loss of 3lbs per week.  Is that realistic?  Who knows, by what I've seen you should lose 1-2 lbs per week, which would change my realistic goal to 54lbs in 27 weeks. Either way I think I'd be pretty happy with the results (happier with the 81lbs though).

I've set my goal (sort of) but how should I achieve this?  I've read one key factor is setting a "realistic goal" which would be 1-2 lbs of weight loss per week, but that is just the outcome.  So what truly is my goal?  To limit my fast food in take to one meal per week and dining at a restaurant to twice per month.  In addition to incorporate some sort of physical activity five days a week.  So far I have been taking walks at least one mile per day for the past week, so I'm definitely off to a great start.

You see my goals lets see if I can get through the week without a visit to the drive thru.... See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment